March 24, 2014
A family trip is supposed to be an enjoyable event for all involved, but sometimes, it can become a chore or even a trial. If you have young tykes of your own, you know how easily bored they can get and how easily irritated you can get when they start misbehaving while you're trying to have a relaxing time. However, it doesn't always have to be like that. There are many activities everyone in your family can enjoy, most of all, yourself. As a parent, you deserve to take it easy every once in a while. Visit these five spots where you can take it easy and have fun without having to stress about your children being bored or bratty.
- Don't you remember when you were a kid yourself how much fun you would have with LEGO blocks? Well, you can share your love of LEGO blocks with your kids by going to LEGOLAND. The theme park, located south of Anaheim and north of San Diego, provides 128 acres of fun. There are rides, mini-land attractions, and much, much more.
- Go down south to San Diego and see wild creatures in their natural habitats at the San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal Park. It's guaranteed that your kids will love the zoo, and if you still have a sense of wonder left in your heart, you will too. There are other options in the city like The New Children's Museum and Balboa Park. You can also go whale watching.
- Do you desire a romantic vacation with your spouse, but also don't want to leave the children behind? Make a reservation at the Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay. The beauty of the nearly untouched coast will be sure to rekindle the flame in your hearts. And as for the kids, they'll have fun in the Ritz Kids club section, which offers plenty of activities that'll keep them busy along with a fully trained staff who'll keep them safe.
- Every time you look at your kids, they're looking at a screen, whether it's a computer, mp3 player, or smartphone. They never seem to look up, appreciate the world around them, stop and smell the roses, and so on. Instill the wonder of nature in your kids by taking them to Yosemite National Park. They may seem reluctant at first, but they will be sure to open up to the majesty of the park's valleys and waterfalls.
- Of course, you may want to stay in southern California and enjoy the weather. There are still plenty of options available. Other theme parks located in SoCal include Knott's Berry Farm, Universal Studios Hollywood, and Disneyland. If you're in the mood for a beach setting with plenty of sights and sounds to keep your kids busy, check out Venice Beach. Or perhaps give them a completely unique experience and take them to the Queen Mary – their imaginations will certainly be stirred as they explore the famous ocean liner.
The lawyers at The Law Offices of Daniel E. Kann wish you and your family a safe and happy vacation this spring!