If you have been injured in a Los Angeles accident of any kind due--whether it was a car accident, bike accident, or even a work-related accident--you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. If the accident and your injuries were caused by the intentional bad acts or negligence of another person or party, you can bring a personal injury claim against the person or party responsible to get this financial recovery.
However, bringing a successful personal injury claim is not as simple as stating you were in an accident and got hurt. It requires showing that another person or party's:
- Intentional acts caused your injuries (intentional torts)
- Negligent behavior caused your injuries (negligence)
- Faulty product caused your injuries (products liability)
Because these claims can be complicated and require proving your side with evidence, it is especially important to have the help of a skilled Los Angeles personal injury attorney to help you with your claim.
Ways an Attorney Can Help
There are many ways an attorney can be helpful as you go through the personal injury claim process. An attorney can:
- Provide advice and explain procedure-- An experienced personal injury attorney understands the legal issues involved in personal injury cases. Your attorney can look at the details of your case and help you understand what you need to bring a successful claim. They can help you get a grasp of what bringing a claim will entail and how long it may take. Your attorney can also handle all the legal procedure steps and deadlines that must be met in a personal injury case.
- Investigate Your Accident and Gather Evidence-- A skilled personal injury attorney can also help in the investigation and evidence gathering part of your case. In personal injury cases, it is essential to determine fault as you need to show that another person or party is at fault for your injuries. This may require investigating the accident, collecting police reports, looking over medical records, and even talking to witnesses. Your attorney can handle this part of the process and gather the evidence you need to support your claim.
- Talk with Insurance Companies-- When you are trying to focus on your physical recovery from your injuries, the last thing you want to worry about is dealing with insurance companies. Insurance companies may try to offer you a settlement that is far too low, simply to get the case over with. They may try to get you to make statements to admit fault and alleviate their liability. When you have a personal injury attorney, you can turn all communication with insurance companies over to them.
- Support You Through the Entirety of your Case-- Having a good personal injury attorney means you don't have to tackle your case on your own. You don't have to feel overwhelmed by the case knowing you have someone who will represent your side and fight to maximize your recovery.
At the Kann California Law Group, we understand that personal injury accidents can be painful, frustrating and disruptive to your life. As you focus on taking care of yourself, we can focus on getting you the financial recovery you deserve. We help those injured in accidents in Los Angeles and throughout Southern California. Call us today at 888-7730 or contact us through our online contact form--we can answer your questions during a free case consultation and let you know how we can help!